838 Broughton St, Vi Downtown
At 10 storeys and 84 suites, Escher’s bold lines and eye-catching mix of charcoal brick and metal. From kitchens that use the latest low-energy appliances to living areas that maximize every inch of floor space, Escher suites have been carefully planned to balance modern convenience with the comforts of home. A slight remove from Victoria’s bustling centre yet still just a short walk or bike ride from the best the city has to offer, was such a perfect fit for our sixth project in the city.
Victoria’s Downtown is the most rapidly growing neighbourhood in the city. New residents of all ages are attracted to the area’s rich historic character and its vibrant waterfront. The downtown has a thriving arts, culture and entertainment district combined with an impressive variety of dining and shopping choices, all within easy walking distance. The Royal BC Museum and Chinatown (Canada’s oldest) are perennial attractions for visitors and residents alike. The neighbourhood also hosts celebrated landmarks like the Empress Hotel, provincial Parliament Buildings and the Royal and McPherson Theatres.
The Downtown neighbourhood has green space along the waterfront, which includes Reeson Park near the Johnson Street Bridge. Cridge Park is located to the south, next to the downtown Lawn Bowling Club and Crystal Garden and near the entrance to Beacon Hill Park. Centennial Square, situated next to Victoria’s historic City Hall, is the downtown’s primary venue for events.
- Chinese Public School (Chinese language and cultural classes for children and adults)
- Victoria Conservatory of Music
- Victoria Academy of Ballet
- Victoria School of Contemporary Dance
- Pacific Design Academy
- Over 15 English language schools
Gardens & Markets
The Yates Street Community Garden is operated by the Downtown Residents Association
Bastion Square Public Market runs Thursdays to Sundays between May and end of September
Ship Point Night Market operates Friday and Saturday evenings from mid June to mid September.
Bicycle Storage, Common
903 838 Broughton St in Victoria: Vi Downtown Condo for sale : MLS®# 938534
903 838 Broughton St Vi Downtown Victoria V8W 1E4$572,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 570 sq. ft.53 m2The ESCHER is downtown living at it's finest. This stunning 570sq ft condo is superbly located within walking distance from Dallas Road, Cook Street Village, Beacon Hill Park, the Victoria Harbour, and all the amazing shops and restaurants that Downtown Victoria has to offer. The floor-to-ceiling windows on this Sub Penthouse unit, allows for natural light to pour in. The unit features a large walk-in closet, a kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances, heated bathroom floors, and in-suite laundry. Pets and rentals are allowed.The building is complete with a rooftop terrace, with lounge, kitchen and stunning views overlooking Downtown Victoria, the Olympic mountains and the ocean at a distance. You don't want to miss this fantastic opportunity to live in beautiful and vibrant downtown Victoria! More detailsListed by Oakwyn Realty Downtown Ltd.
1004 838 Broughton St in Victoria: Vi Downtown Condo for sale : MLS®# 947043
1004 838 Broughton St Vi Downtown Victoria V8W 1E4$1,695,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,408 sq. ft.131 m2Exquisite, SOUTH-FACING PENTHOUSE offering 2 luxurious beds, 2 full baths & den. Floor to ceiling windows bring spectacular city, ocean & mountain views into the home. This 1408 sqft apartment provides easy access to the arts & culinary scenes of the city, Beacon Hill Park & Inner Harbour. Open concept living filled with sophisticated details; 9-ft ceilings & custom closets throughout. Soft-close hardware, induction cooktop, quartz countertops & wall oven complement the tasteful finishing & efficient kitchen design. Spa like primary bedroom ensuite with soaker tub, walk-in shower & heated floor. Follow the sun through the day on your wrap around balcony while enjoying exceptional views. Roof top patio for all residents, secure underground parking for 2 vehicles, bike storage & dog wash. The Escher, built in 2017, sets a standard of excellence for living in Downtown Victoria. Steps to it all, yet quietly removed, you will be proud to call this your home! More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
1002 838 Broughton St in Victoria: Vi Downtown Condo for sale : MLS®# 949375
1002 838 Broughton St Vi Downtown Victoria V8W 1E4$949,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,023 sq. ft.95 m2PENTHOUSE LIVING IN DOWNTOWN VICTORIA! The Escher, a boutique property by distinguished developer Chard, is located in a unique enclave of downtown Victoria on the same block as the Royal Theatre, Christ Church Cathedral and YMCA. This one owner 2 bed, 1.5 bath penthouse features a wide-open great room with oversized corner windows that bathe the home in light. The integrated appliances & quartz countertops – paired with an oversized island & built-in work station – make the kitchen an entertainer’s dream. The suite & balcony showcase city, mountain & water views. Head up to the rooftop terrace with lounge, kitchen & BBQ area to take in the views from every angle. Secure underground parking stall, storage locker & secure bike storage. Resident manager & pet friendly. This is rare combination of convenient, luxury, penthouse living that is in like new condition with no GST. Walk to The Bay Center, the best restaurants, theatre, recreation, Beacon Hill Park and Dallas Rd. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada